Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday Thoughts


After two weeks of blogging, I've had some thoughts about it. Certainly I've gained new respect for anyone who writes a blog on a daily basis. I had no idea just how long it would take me to do this each day. I have lots of ideas, but it takes more than that. Scripts have to be written, links researched, the content needs careful proofreading ( and still I've had to go back to correct errors ). I need to create or find freebies. Lessons take the most time, since they require a lot of images and careful explanations. I have to find someone to test them and then make changes based on their experience. It's a big job.

Still I've enjoyed much of the process. I've learned some new things, met some new people and had the pleasure of sharing my knowledge and passion for PSP scripting. I'm not ready to give that up, but I'm dealing with a lot of physical constraints and something has to give.

So what to do? I don't think I have the total answer yet, but one piece of it will be to cut back on the number of posts each week. I'm happy with my daily categories and I plan on sticking to that format. But I won't be posting every day. So one week, you may get a Tuesday Tip and another a Friday Freebie.

If you've enjoyed following my blog, I hope you'll find this a satisfactory arrangement. If you miss a certain day or are interested in a particular topic, please let me know. Popular request will undoubtedly rule here. Since the scripting lessons are dearest to my heart, you'll continue to see those for sure. After quite a bit of initial interest, I haven't seen posts for the 2nd lessson. Recognizing that most of us have a lot of demands on our time, I'm going to extend that lesson for another week, before posting the third one. My goals is to post these twice a month. We'll see how it goes.

Though I'll be posting less, I hope that this approach will result in the best quality of scripting information for all of you.
Linda

2 comments:

  1. You post whenever you feel like it You have to think of you I think the 2 first lessons take time to read and understand My first langauge is Swedish so fom me it takes a little bit longer to understand english so for me it´s good that the lessons isn´t coming to often LOL
    Take care hugz
    Kicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lessons well thought out. Well based facts, and a lot of useful information. I have been scripting for a while and that's what I'm interested in is learning how to edit/modify a script that I write to make it much easier on the person using said script. I know how to add message boxes and I know how to cancel a script, there are some more things I would like to learn and you have already helped me get a little more information that I haven't yet come across. Thank you for taking the time to do this so many people could benefit from this knowledge as it helps the community grow.

    ReplyDelete